Problems with svchost.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

usccocksfan

Beta member
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have a question about a problem I'm having with my computer. I had a high percentage of useage from svchost.exe on my laptop and it was running slow and sluggish. I came across the following site:

» How to Fix svchost.exe using 100% CPU / Memory Leak - Technibble - A Resource for Computer Repair Technicians & to get PC tech support help.

I followed the instructions and it managed to fix the problem, but I began having issues opening and launching different programs. For instance, I cannot open Windows Media Player (either via a link from Internet Explorer or opening it manually), and I can't launch AOL Instant Messenger - among other issues I'm having.

Does anyone have any idea what happened and what I can do to fix this problem?

The computer runs very fast now but if I can't have full use of my programs, then what is the point?

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like an unrelated problem. I am assuming you have tried reinstalling the problem programs?

But that is just the thing. svchost.exe runs several times and they are all system related processes. But there is also a spyware that is labeled very close to that that looks like scvhost.exe. I would suggest a cleaning on fthe system with Osiris's Guide located in the Virus secton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom