Windows XP Update Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXxexpertxXx

In Runtime
Ok, so i am doing the updates and i get this message when trying to install Nwe Frame Work 1.1..

slab.jpg

It could just be that that issue is already there and not brought on by .NET 1.1 you know. It looks like a file for a device but i cant tell which cause it is only a .tmp file. So why not clear your temp files and then try to update?

Mhmm.. i reformated. see in the middle of the updates at that same file the power went out so maybe that caused it.. Anyways i reformated again! lol

Also, when i restarted my computer it would load

Windows Xp

than it would restart and load xp again but would never go past the loading screen so i had to go into safe mode and do system restore and try again but nope. That same problem started again so i reformated again..

Also, when i restarted my computer it would load

Windows Xp

than it would restart and load xp again but would never go past the loading screen so i had to go into safe mode and do system restore and try again but nope. That same problem started again so i reformated again..

I've experienced this sort of problem in the past.
What I did to make it work...I disconnected my 320g hd and 500g hd and just left the 80g. Then I proceeded to install XP on the 80g and worked and havent had issues since.
Disco one of the hd's and see if that helps.

Not opening anything.. Warranty....

It happened again... After i reformated i did the updates and when it asked to restart my computer i did. Well guess what.. The loading screen where it says Windows XP! it loaded than the computer restarted and did it again.. So i had to go in safe. and do system restore. I restored it back to

Software Distribution Service 3.0
Software Distribution 3.0
Software Distribution 3.0

There was only 1 restore point and it seems to work fine. I guess its something to do with the updates.. I have done all the High Priority Updates!

I think that Net Framework is the updates that is giving me a problem It ALWAYS does when i reformat. Different problems tho

But i need net framework for a few games a play..

Wow this is BS. Problems even after i reformat..Maybe try a manual download.. Anyone got the link? Im to freaken mad do go looking^^

Well it isnt netframe work giving me the problem cause this time i just did my ethernet adapter my graphics card update. and a few other but i did not select framework. and guess what happened? After the update the internet connection said it got disconnected and asked me to restart so i did! well guess what happened. I restarted fine!

NOT it did it again! and i had to do system restore. Im trying this crap manual from other websites instead of windows updated and if this doesnt work ill bring my computer back where i bought it and see if they can do anything cause this is getting to become stupidly insane that after i reformat i still have problems..

Well you have to remember you did this. The PC came with Vista Ultimate. So you might have actually voided the system cause you have installed XP. Something to think about.

It could be the disc you are using for XP isn't updated enough to install the necessary drivers for your system. I mean you are using the most recent technology. Stuff that wasn't even dreamed of when XP came out. So you will have to have all the most recent drivers for your system.

I can bet you didn't install you chipset drivers right away which could help avoid some unpleasant situations right off the bat. I would get those and have them ready.

Other than that. I would just say that you told me you had 2GB install of RAM. Yet i see 4GB in your sig. If you are not opening your case cause it would void the warranty then how is this possible? I will tell you right now that XP will not play nice with you with 4GB installed and 2GB of Video Memory. So which is it? Did you lie to me when you said you took out 2GB of RAM or are you running the whole lot?

Chipset!.. mhmm i always do that first.. I gott insert the disc and do that now... i always do that first..

ill try that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom