Watercooling RAM, nb, cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOcLuE98

Biohazardous
Hey everyone!

I plan on going water cooling sometime in the next 4 months or so. I need to do a lot of research and such, but I want to know what you guys would suggest. I want to get my e8400 up to about 4.3/4 for daily, and 4.6-8 for benchmarks. I did a 4.5ghz run and my temps were 77 at one point before it crashed. (not enough vcore, but I was tired)

I want to watercool my RAM, so I can clock it high to keep up with my cpu clocked to over 500fsb. (I cant manually set fsb:dram freq ratios)

Can someone build me a set up? I need everything, and possibly a good case. Which I will of course pick out. But suggestions on good ones, with good space for this upgrade. SPecs in sig.

<-- 1000th post ! yay!

Water cooling memory is pointless. Memory never runs at a speed where there is so much heat being output that a simple fan cant take care of it.

Northbridge is semi-pointless, again unless you plan of running your cpu on ln2 at such a speed as to break world records it isn't necessary.

ok good to know. and I had an entire thread about my ratios, and someone posted a whole article about how some of the new x38 boards can set them. You have to up your dram freq as you up the fsb. I have read everything, and tried everything it doesnt work.

So, only a cpu and possibly gpu? How about a loop for the cpu first. What do I need? Whats good?

Idk. I want close to top of the line. around 200-300 prob. But I am flexible

Is that a good set up?

Should I go with my own parts, or is better to get this kit? (thank you by the way)

And I read the description, but will I really be able to add a GPU without a problem? And possibly two? or will I need new parts for that?

A single 8800gts g92 shouldn't be a problem. If you want to add a second you might want to consider getting a more expensive 3x120mm radiator or a high end Thermochill PA120.2.

well then i wont worry about it now. I will probably end up getting, either a 9800 gtx or gx2 or a 4870 card. All depending on price.

What about my antec 900? Can it hold all this? Or will I want a new case. How much modding will be necessary to fit it all in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom