All my games keep freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried that alot of times,no luck.I used to have another copy of BF1942 and it didnt do anything bad,so I dont know if the games caused this.Also I left the computer off for a while and I kept the room cool but still no luck.

Is your disk scratched or dirty? Try downloading alcohol52% and making a virtual disk of your copy of BF1942. If it gives read errors your disk might be the problem. If it doesn't, try running the game with the virtual disk.

No its definitly not dirty,its brand new.Heres another thing.On the day I installed battlefield,I took off Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 so I can put more space on my computer,do you think that has something to do with that ?

aaaah, check your virtual memory! And ram.
go to task manager, performance.
Most likely going to be limited hdd space on the drive which has your virtual mem tho.
Either clear some space off that drive and increase the vm, or add some vm to a different drive (if you have one)

Right click on my computer, select properties. Go to the 'Advanced' tab. Under performance, click 'settings'. Go the the 'advanced' tab, under virtual memory, click 'change'.
Depending on how much free space your hdd has, 2Gb is generally enough

My HDD is 13.6 gigs.Do I make the initial size 2 gigs or the max size.U know wat,just tell me what to set both to.

13.6 Gigs.If it were completly empty,it would be 30 gigs.Sorry if I wasnt specific enough.

Ok, make the minimum 1.5Gb and the max 2.5Gb Basically you're just making sure your pc has enough to run, but not so much as to be useless. E.g. you could specify an 80Gb min limit, but you'd never use it, and it'd just be wasting space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom