All my games keep freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hudson180

Solid State Member
Just the other day,all my PC games started randomly freezing.They freeze the same exact way.The screen freezes and the sound is repeated over and over again for like 10 seconds.Before this happend,I was able to run the games at high settings smoothly.Ive tried scanning Viruses and spyware and that didnt help.Ive reseted my computer,that didnt help.Ive tried a system restore,that didnt help.I left my computer off for a while,thinking that its an overheat problem,but when I turned it on,the issue wasnt fixed.Can someone please help.PLEASE!!!!!

First off we need All of your system specs. It could be a driver error so you should reinstall your graphic driver to the most recent and maybe your sound card too.

Ok.My Specs are...

Processor:AMD Seperon 2800+
Video Card:Geforce FX5200
Sound Card:Realtek AC97 audio

I know its not really that good,but like I said,im able to run my games a pretty good settings.

Ok. You should try to update your graphics driver first. Go to Nvidia and get the latest version of driver for your card. See if that helps. If not make sure your version of Direct X is updated. You could check your version of Direct X by clicking on run then type dxdiag.

I do have Direct X 9.0C.Thats the latest version right ?Also my video card drivers are up to date.

Yes that is the latest version of Direct X for 9 anyway. It sounds like you might have a hardware issue. Run a program called Prime95 Download Prime95 25.5 - A program designed to be used to find Mersenne Prime numbers. - Softpedia and do some stress testing and see what errors you come up with. I'm thinking it could be a memory issue or your graphics card needs to be replaced but that is too early to determine. Also you should run memtest. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool. So are you only having problems with games? Any other problems with your computer? What was your operating system? What kind of memory? Brand? Speed? How much memory are you using? You could find more detailed specs about your computer using a program called CPUz. CPUID

Just for clarification, does your game freeze for 10 seconds then recover, or stay frozen?
If it recovers after a little while, Eric1 is right in that it could be your display driver. If I run vista and try to play BF2 it'll freeze and recover too because of the video driver. Strange that it should only recently start happening though. Have you recently installed any new programs or drivers on your pc? If you have, remove them and try playing again.
Also, as always, check your memory isn't totally used up.

Yes it freezes for like 10 seconds and goes again,but after it stops freezing,the graphics become all messed up.Three times ive the Blue Screen about NV4_Disp,and this has been going on for about a week.It started when I installed The full Battlefield 1942 pack on my computer.Ever after I took it off,it didnt make a difference.

Sounds like either the video card is overheating, or there is a driver issue. BF1942 might have added a driver that the machine doesnt like. Try uninstalling the video driver, reboot when it asks you, when it comes up, reinstall. Or try drivercleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom