What are your system specs?

it makes perfect sense for what he's doing. light non intensive gaming and a sub 150 dollar budget.

I have no qualms with the 8600gt, there are better cards for the money but w/e I have an issue when companies put a gig of ram on a card that can hardly utilize the standard 256.

Its completely useless...

yea 1 gig GPU memory with a 128bit memory interface....is....useless....

Ahhh you bashing my card again and once again I got to agree. Why not just get it over with and kill me already. Cause your bashing is making me suicidal lol.

By the way Aspire your 100% there are TONS of cards better then that at the price. Besides 512MB or ram should be more then enough. Anything higher then that and its pretty much over kill unless your playing at like 2500x1600.

Ahhh you bashing my card again and once again I got to agree. Why not just get it over with and kill me already. Cause your bashing is making me suicidal lol.

By the way Aspire your 100% there are TONS of cards better then that at the price. Besides 512MB or ram should be more then enough. Anything higher then that and its pretty much over kill unless your playing at like 2500x1600.

but even at high resolutions 512mb GDDR2 < 256mb GDDR3

I have an 8600GT 256mb it does fine for me, runs crysis and COD4 fine :) and overclocks nicely too

but even at high resolutions 512mb GDDR2 < 256mb GDDR3

Bah you lie, what does it matter I mma be buying a 3870 512MB DDR4 soon so suck on that all you 9600 fan boys. ATI>Nvidia, there I said it.:tounge:

"You get what you pay for. If you really want to be able to play the next generation of games, this card will not hold it's value long. You may want to consider getting the new 9 series or an 8800. 256 really limits the card and causes low framerates at higher resolutions."

Some New egg costumer

Thats nice to know cause while everyone will be anticipating the 9800's. While the HD4000s will be what I'll have my eyes out for. The 9600GT is a great card, but Nvidia has it priced at about the same as the HD3800s which was not a really smart move on their part. But still smarter then they had it before where the 8800GT's were like 50$ more expensive then the 3870's

Back
Top Bottom