Microphone wont stop recroding

Status
Not open for further replies.

javier

Baseband Member
I have been using a USB mic form a webcam for a while, but it had wayt o much backround noise so i decided to plug a mic into ny soundcard (Xfi Extreme Gamer)

i pluged it in and noticed that it was recording and playing back my voice whithout me doing anything! this is very frustrating! i looked into the control pannel and noticed the little cross, and the word "REC" in red. so i figured id click it and it would shut off but it dosnt! it only gives me the option to enable "+20dB boost"

is there anyway i can stop it recording and playing back instantly? (i think thats what its doing) am i potting the microphone into the wrong jack? im not sure.

HELP! PLEASE!

this is a picture of what i was talking about with the cross, and red "rec"

wontstoprecordinggk8.png

I fixed it lol, i kinda just messed around with the sliders and this is what i did, i dont hear myself speak into the microphone anymore and the microphone still records, so my problems are solved. this is what i did, in case anyone else runs into the same problem

wontstoprecordingjs4.png

On YA MATE! Also had the same prob years ago when i was pretty green. Im laughing remembering how cranky i got with it . THEN my neighbour came over and pushed the MUTE BUTTON ! Made me feel real cluey ! Glad ya sorted it. Cheers for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom