Bios won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wog2000

Baseband Member
Hi, I was rebooting my PC and then my screen just stayed black. I tried all of the things I could think of and still, no luck. This is what I tried. Unplug the PS. Reset Bios using jumper. Remove MB Battery and test voltage. Remove 2 of my 4 gigs of ram. All attempts failed to change anything. So now when I turn on my PC all the fans (8) turn on and the HD LED turns on for maybe 5 seconds. Then the LED turns off and stays off. No blinking at all. The LED on my MB is green as soon as the power cord to the PS is connected. I am at a loss of what to try next.

It doesn't give any beeps? Try removing all the RAM. Take out all your peripherals like wireless cards, sounds cards etc. leaving only your video card and CPU on the motherboard.

Wow delay... I posted something but it took about 5 mins to show up. So this post was the same as the one above heh.

I don't have any speakers hooked up to the MB so I can't hear any beeps. I will try removing all ram except 1 stick. I don't have anything else plugged in my MB except CPU, RAM, and Video card.

Alright try that. It's a good idea to hook a speaker up if you have this kind of problem though. Much easier to pinpoint it.

OK, I unplugged all the ram and then tried 1 stick in each of the slots. still no good. i am not sure how to hook up a speaker. my case did not come with one. the only speakers i have are the ones listed in my sig. I think my MB has a virus. Its the only reason i can think of that could explain why it wont even start bios. i did feel my hd's at start but they spin down after a couple of seconds. any other ideas?

Your motherboard shouldn't have a virus unless you booted up with something like a direct bootable floppy or CD lately. The speaker attachment comes with your motherboard. If you still have the box check for one in it. You can also find one at any small computer shop. It's just a tiny thing the size of a button battery attached to two wires. If you can tell me whether it's beeping or not and how many beeps I'll be able to tell you the cause of the problem much easier.

Yes it is possible. If something containing a virus is booted from an outside source at machine level (after POST, BIOS etc.) it can get a virus. The motherboard itself cannot get a virus, the CMOS does. It's tough to create such a virus but they do exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom