AMD demoes working 45nm chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apokalipse

Golden Master
AMD Demos 45nm Native Quad-Core Processors for Server, Desktop: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

AMD Demos 45nm Native Quad-Core Processors for Server, Desktop
Tuesday March 4, 9:01 am ET
Customer Testing of Product Samples Underway
HANNOVER, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AMD (NYSE: AMD - News) demonstrated at the CeBIT electronics exhibition its first 45nm quad-core chips running multiple operating systems and a range of processing intensive applications. The processors were produced in Dresden, Germany, in AMD's Fab 36 300mm manufacturing facility, using an advanced 45nm process co-developed with IBM
AMD 45nm transistors are engineered to enable greater performance-per-watt capabilities in AMD processors and platforms. AMD combines new processes and materials with leading edge technologies, such as immersion lithography and AMD's fourth-generation strained silicon, for a highly-manufacturable, highly-efficient production process.
This important milestone is the first of many as AMD moves toward delivery of 45nm products later this year. The first 45nm chips demonstrated by AMD include the “Shanghai” product for server and “Deneb” for desktop platforms.
For additional information on AMD's 45nm process technology, please visit AMD 45nm Press Kit | Media Resources & Images.

i might skip the 9750 n 9900 Phenoms n wait a little bit longer for a "Deneb".

but first things first is i need to get my computer up n running again. I tried reinstalling to get rid of viruses but some error came up, i have a thread in Windows Vista discussion forum about it if any of u want to check.

they cant even get 65nm to work now there going for 45nm, oh well seems smart to me, why waste time on something when u behind when u can just skip ahead to catch up.

they cant even get 65nm to work now there going for 45nm, oh well seems smart to me, why waste time on something when u behind when u can just skip ahead to catch up.

Seems like AMD is trying to play catch up. Well if they get it to work or not, they will loose their low prices. But gain so much more respect and admiration from their consumers. Because lets be honest, the 6000+ and 6400+ are like freaking microwaves.

Actually, I think that's why they haven't got 65nm working as well as they could. They're focusing a lot on getting to 45nm, and getting it not only quickly, but also to try and get it working properly, with good yields.

From what I've read, AMD is going to try and get to 32nm about the same time as Intel.

I agree with you

AMD just talks, but they don't show us anything

AMD claimed that their phenom processors are superior in everyway. And they were brainwashing people by their empty slogans like "Experience the true Quad core" !!

I highly doubt that AMD is able to get 32nm about the same time as Intel. As I remember there were some sources saying that AMD is going to release 45nm on the first half of 2008 but now it seems that AMD have delayed the release of 45nm to Q4 2008. That is around 1 year behind Intel. And I'm pretty sure that AMD 32nm is going to be 1 year behind Intel 32nm. And I don't care what some here says.

Some in this forum are trying to make AMD look better than what they are really are, just because they want to support AMD. But just because you want to support AMD doesn't give you the excuse to fool people.

I know some here are going to lose their temper when they read my post but I really don't care. If they don't like to argue with me then don't bother responding to my post. But don't response and claim that you don't like to argue with me at the same time.

I'm just glad to see AMD staying in the race, whether they are on the same schedule as Intel or not.

The die shrinking with improve not only their CPUs, but their GPUs as well. Less power, more transistors, better yields... it's all good. AMD may not be in a position to wrest the crown from Intel right now, but they haven't become another VIA, either.

Same goes for Intel. Going for 32nm is a good thing.

AMD claimed that their phenom processors are superior in everyway. And they were brainwashing people by their empty slogans like "Experience the true Quad core" !!
As if Intel doesn't ever mislead anybody.
Some in this forum are trying to make AMD look better than what they are really are
Some people are trying to make AMD look a lot worse than what they really are.
I'm getting tired of your attacks on AMD. And I know I'm not the only one. Seriously, just stop. I don't like Intel, but I don't go around in every Intel thread and badmouth them all the time.

From now on, if you make an inflammatory post in an AMD news thread, it gets deleted.

AMD better take it back now, because they got their GPU's back in it, its time for their CPU's to do the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom