PC not finding my 9600 GT OC anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadrollerz

Solid State Member
Hello to all of you,

I recently purchased a BFG 9600 GT OC video Card. The first week it worked fine. Everytime I started up the PC everything worked. Today I started my PC and the monitor stated no signal, and the first attempt windows wouldn't load either.

All day if I turn my PC off...I have to take the Graphics card out..start the PC under the onboard graphics...then shut down and put the 9600 GT OC card back in.

Any Ideas as to why this just started happening?

( BIOS is set to detect PCI-E )

Again, thank you for your time,

-Martin :)

My first thoughts are that you have not properly disabled onboard video via your CMOS setup (BIOS).

When you start your comp up and you get "No Signal" are you able to get something when you plug your monitor cable into your onboard output?

sounds like the same problem i had w/ my friends hp and an fx5200

it was still set to pci... but nothing would show.. shoved it into the onboard.. and boom there it was... once i was in, i just installed the nvidia drivers... restarted w/ it still inside of the onboard.. and switch over the settings through the nvidia display planel to the video card, and just switch the cables from onboard to the graphics card

My first thoughts are that you have not properly disabled onboard video via your CMOS setup (BIOS).

When you start your comp up and you get "No Signal" are you able to get something when you plug your monitor cable into your onboard output?

BIOS is set correctly...

If I remove the card and plug into the onboard Video with VGA plug the PC will start up.

What I have to do is actually just unplug the card and the PWR to the card..reinsert it, and then start my PC. It starts up. Strange. The first week this card was installed it started up fine each time.

I've read things on the net about not having an ample PWR supply, but that doesn't explain why it worked the first week normally and not anymore.

Also..the card has never gotten over 55 Degrees C while gaming or putting it under load. So I doubt it's overheated.

One other thing. When I first turn the power on, the V-card fan spins loudly...as soon as windows boots...the V-card fan becomes very quite. Is this Normal?

Thanks for your time,

-Martin :)

yes it is normal for it to be sped up during boot.. as it has no drivers working for it yet.. and as windows kicks in, the drivers kick in as well, and the fan control comes on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom