A computer worth dying for??? i think so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll be making my decision on my gpu probably early next month.. so i can see other people buy the 9 series first and see how it does for them..... so i'll have plenty of money.. **** maybe even enough for 2? ... hrmm....

yea...i want to drop the cash like right now....but im trying to wait and see how they do....i dont want to be stuck with them...although i think the sweet spot is going to be 2 9800GX2's.....

not just that but if lots of people get doa's, like the 7900gt like 40% of the cards sold in the first 6 months died with in 3 days of sale, i had to go thru 3 of them then i got a 7950gt and its smokin, i bought the 7900gt played games for a day then random crashes and artifacs, my local vendor gave me another, same prob they sent it away, they sent me back another one aparently a diferent revision, and it burned up in 5 months but the card also scored me a free 19 inch monitor from lg, that and a person who didnt know how to do there job. i always wait about a month or 2 before buying a product that has first been released. with the design of the 9800gx2 it looks like itl heat up and burn real bad both the gpus are on the inside pcb not the outside, so there facing each other and are gonna heat up like a fire place.

ah, i remember the 7900gt scare.. i'm so glad i got mine and never had a problem.. bought a 2nd for SLi... still didnt have a problem.. i was a lucky man.. haha

*******! anyway for skull trail do you need to have a qx chip or xenon or can you put in liek 2 q6600 chips? because if you can i might pick up one of these mother boards next year and run 2 q6600's when the octo core chips are released to keep up.

its socket 771

and they've used xeon harpertowns in them.. so i don't think you have to use qx9775's

so just look how much thoser harpertowns cost.. and if their cheap.. maybe i'll even consider... but i doubt it.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom