Manufacturer Vid. Card. Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geforce back then was alot better, go with nvidia.
Why would you go with the MX440? it does'nt have pixel or vertex shaders like the 9200 SE and going with a 64MB videocard is suicide these days.
i thought that the companies who distrubuted the cards were manufacturers...
They do, but Radeon is a product line, not a company in itself.

ati makes radeon.

sapphire and asus to name a few, use the design from ati, and make their cards based off ati's deisgns.

I just got a GeForce 4 Ti4200 64 MB on ebay for $52, shipping included. It would perform considerably better than the other cards mentioned here.

Well the ATi Radeon DOES have 128mb. Anyway, would it be wiser to buy a Radeon from ATi, or another manufacturer called PowerColour ?

Thanks

My 9800 pro I have now is from Sapphire and I have not had any problems, so I don't think it really matters. Some people like to get it from the people who created the chipset(ATI) but others like to get it cheaper from other companies, and sometimes you get free games and such from third-party companies like Powercolor and Gigabyte. I guess it all comes down to personal preference.

spatan is half right.

it does matter a little bit, performance from ati is better than from the 3rd party makers. however, you'll end up paying a lot less from a 3rd party maker and get tons more games along with the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom