E4300 vs. X2 4200+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to say, the e4300 is better clock for clock than the e2200. Its got more cache, and at the same frequency it will have a bigger FSB. Even though its an old revision, they still clock like mad.

Also, seeing as though you wont gain a massive amount of performance, you could just stick with your current setup until you can afford the Quad and performance mobo together, and buy them then. There will invariably be better motherboards out then (X48, P45) and you could get a cheaper quad aswell (Q6600 possible price drop, 45NMs will be pretty cheap)

Just a thought.

if I can find a Q6600 for $200 online (not in store), then I can get it with the mobo now...

and btw, do you guys think its worth it going to x38 to get pci 2.0? I'll be using this board for a really long time...

and btw, do you guys think its worth it going to x38 to get pci 2.0? I'll be using this board for a really long time...

If you're planning to use a board for a very long time, then get a board that is as future proof as possible. You might want to wait for the X48s.

if I can find a Q6600 for $200 online (not in store), then I can get it with the mobo now...

might want to wait for x48, p45, and g45 boards

x48 is going to be ddr3, there is no point waiting on them even when theyl be released ddr3 is still mad $$$, and the x48 is just the top x38 chips. i dotn see a point in waiting, save soem cash get something liek a maximus formula or the abit quad gt or a dfi board if you would like that is x38 and get a q6600.

x48 is going to be ddr3, there is no point waiting on them even when theyl be released ddr3 is still mad $$$, and the x48 is just the top x38 chips. i dotn see a point in waiting, save soem cash get something liek a maximus formula or the abit quad gt or a dfi board if you would like that is x38 and get a q6600.

You're actually right. I forgot about that aspect of the chipset. So it's positive that they won't be making DDR2 versions? That would be a horrible decision not to though. I read some rumors, but they're just rumors.

You're actually right. I forgot about that aspect of the chipset. So it's positive that they won't be making DDR2 versions? That would be a horrible decision not to though. I read some rumors, but they're just rumors.

it seems that the X48 is another minor upgrade? they are ramping the memory speeds from 1800 to 2000 though... and you get that Intel Extreme Tuning Utility or w/e

so... I think I might pass over an X38, it seems that its not much better and actually sometimes worse when using a DDR2 board

Supposedly overclocking is slightly better, but $70 seems a big price increase for some measly changes

@ amd

I'd really like to try a DFI board, the bios seems incredible and would be a lot of fun. Not to mention the board itself is sexy lol.

If anything, I'd go find a board with the nice reset cmos button on the IO panel and the two power and reset buttons on the actual motherboard, but I'll stick with DFI

commandercup said:
If anything, I'd go find a board with the nice reset cmos button on the IO panel and the two power and reset buttons on the actual motherboard, but I'll stick with DFI

The DFI motherboard that you posted earlier, does not have a reset CMOS button, but it does have a clear CMOS jumper pin at the back of the motherboard, beside the rear USB ports.

The DFI motherboard that you posted earlier, does not have a reset CMOS button, but it does have a clear CMOS jumper pin at the back of the motherboard, beside the rear USB ports.

yeah I noticed that too :(

but beggars cant be choosers :snob:

wow and bam, while I was typing I also realized what you meant about the jumper pin in the IO panel, and thank god, thats just as good

anyways, PCI 2.0 doesn't seem to be a pressing upgrade for a few years since current graphics cards can't max out their bandwidth in 16x slots... thus 32x seems to be a good 2 years minimum away and I won't be buying that high tier tech anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom