Looking For A Good Modular Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
did your old psu die or what?
cuz its a good one

No it did not die. Yes the Thermaltake 700 is a good PSU. I have two high end systems and I am thinking of building another. I was looking for a modular power supply for my 3rd system and was looking for good recommendations. I am a Graphic Designer and a gamer that is why I need such high end systems. Yes I know the 700 Watt is an overkill especailly if I am not doing SLI. I bought the 700Watt PSU because at the time I got a real good deal on it and I did not know what my future needs would require.

An Antec Neopower 500 HE or 550 is a good choice for sub-$100 PSUs

The Hiper Type-R 580W that Apok is reccomending seems like a pretty good choice though for $99.. it's got a lot of *bling* factor and 53A combined on the 12V rails is nothing to laugh about, I can't find it on Newegg though, I'm only finding it on Canadian sites for some reason...

Personally, I'd avoid the Hiper Type-R psus. They seem to be hit or miss. The ones that don't blow up seem to last forever providing good, stable power...but there are some that just seem to explode without any warning and take other components with them. There was even a thread dedicated to this on another forum and literally dozens of people checked in claiming their hiper had blown up.

Personally, I'd avoid the Hiper Type-R psus. They seem to be hit or miss. The ones that don't blow up seem to last forever providing good, stable power...but there are some that just seem to explode without any warning and take other components with them. There was even a thread dedicated to this on another forum and literally dozens of people checked in claiming their hiper had blown up.

wow...Then Apokalipse, some other member, and I, must be lucky. I've had mine for almost 2 years, and has been through four systems.

Mind showing me this dedicated thread?

The only brands I would recommend are Enermax (their mod82+?) and Seasonic and Corsair, ATM.

Nothing else.

The 520hx would be perfect for your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom