Q6600 Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought it from newegg and i am streesing with prime95...
but what about my temps so are they where they should be or should i try and do something to get em lower?...

its all about how comfortable you are with your temps. If you feel ok with them, then they are fine. I dont like to go above 55-60C for daily on load temps.

i bought it from newegg and i am streesing with prime95...
but what about my temps so are they where they should be or should i try and do something to get em lower?...

On load, as long as you don't exceed 65-71C on a daily basis, it's good.

so what should voltage be at if i wanna go higher?... i change the cpu 10mhz each time then once i change it 50mhz i will stress test it over night....

just set the cpu at the speed you want to achieve. then set the vcore up, then change it more or less, depending on whether or not you need more, or less.

so what should voltage be at if i wanna go higher?... i change the cpu 10mhz each time then once i change it 50mhz i will stress test it over night....

What ever the vcore is, don't go above 1.5v for everyday use. And watch those temps as you get near 1.5v

i was wanting to try an reach 4.0ghz, so are you saying set it to that then set the vcore to something like 1.3 something and then see what happens and see if its stable and it it is then i can go from there?...

Reaching 4GHz is achievable, but, it's really really hard to have it stable at 4GHz with air cooling. Unless you leave in Alaska or really cold place.

And most likely to reach 4GHz, you'd need more than 1.5v.

3.6GHz is the average high for Q6600 G0s and that's plenty fast.

If you set it to 4GHz now, and set the vcore to 1.3, I can almost guarantee it won't boot.

Just do what you were doing before, going up increments at a time, and when it's unstable increase the voltage by a notch. And when you get to the 3.3GHz+ stage, you should increase the MCH and FSB voltages as well, for stability.

ok thx guys, i still wish my temps where lower though becuase i was using a freezer pro 7 and my temps were around lower 40C's on idle and i thought if i got the TRUE it would go down more but it only went down maybe 3C... =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom