new user building computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
what I set up will work wonderfully. If you have the money get a 3870x2 or a 8800GTS 512mb.

and since you have a microcenter real close, go get a q6600 for $200. best deal you will find for a while. and great processor.

yeah i planned on getting the largest graphics card i could afford. ive seen ones that go up so 768mb or even 1 gig. are these practical at all?

well if you get a 64bit version of vista, then i would go with 8gb. could get a little pricey, but not by much. just get 4 2gb sticks

also here is some more stuff:

Case:
Newegg.com - Thermaltake matrix VD2000BNS Black/ Silver SECC Japanese steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

HDD:
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE WD5000AAJS 500GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

and a budget board, little less features, but it would work.
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard - Retail

they are practical for large projects, downside is the price (they can get wayyyy up there)

if you are gonna get a 1gb gpu, get the 3870x2. it is the best right now.

and get the segate drive I suggested, really fast, and good price

that western digital has an 8mb cache, the one I put up has a 32mb cache, and you need the cache if you are gonna do things like cad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom