Q6600 Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertWolf01

Baseband Member
I was wondering what my temps should be with a Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme?
I am idleing at around mid to upper 30's, so is that good or should they be lower with that TRUE?...
And my load temps havnt reached above 65C...
Also those are the temps at 3.0ghz from stock 2.4ghz, im gonna oc more sometime...

Upper 30s seems high for a 3GHz overclock with a TRUE, unless you've upped the volts, or your ambients are high. But it's not in danger.

My voltage is on auto, cuase im not real sure of what to have it on...
and it is at 1.3 right now...

dont set it to auto. set your own speed. That way you know what vcore you are sending in through the bios.

have you lapped? either cpu or hs/f? and do you have a fan?

I have not lapped becuase temps are within 2C from each other, and yeah i have a fan...
and when i change voltage from auto it says "system voltage not optimized" flashing in red...

were are you changing it? in the bios? what setting are you changing? what did you try to set it to?

Yeah in the bios, i just changed it from auto and as soon as i did it was flashing "system voltage not optimized"...

That's alright. It's normal. The DS3R does that because it was expecting to run at default settings.

I have the same exact motherboard, and I've overclocked tons on it, so I know.

wow...You have a good VID on that quad. Where did you buy your's from, if I may ask?

Are you stressing it now, for stability?

Don't trust CPU-Z for voltage readings, it's lower than what the BIOS is set to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom