Building a PC on a £400 ($805) budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterman

Beta member
Hey.

Im trying to build a computer on a £400 ($805) budget. (Note that taxes are high on electronics here and i would rather not order stuff from different countries).

On Amazon.co.uk, I built a pretty good rig for £570.

Specs :

-4 x 1gb RAM
-Intel® Core™2 Duo Desktop Processor E6000
-Nvdida Inno3D 9600GT 512mb ram
-A cheap SLI enabled mobo
-ASUS 19inch LCD

Plus PSU, case, fans... etc

I have a SLI enabled mobo, because im hoping to shove on another cheap 9 series card when i have the money.

What here could i cheaply change, without a performance loss?

Any help would be great.

That's a really tight budget for everything (case,PSU, monitor).

Here's a good build if you can stretch your budget:

b4fd5u.png

They have a bad rep but I've never had a problem with them. Also they have the lowest prices in the UK on that particular OCZ ram and all nvidia cards.

KustomPC are great but almost all their prices are extremely high.

I like ebuyer, their returns policy is good, I had a bad 80mm fan and i didn't have to send it back they just sent me a replacement then the one I thought was broken decided to work again :)

Back on topic the build Guru suggested is great if he can stretch that far although he could possibly go with a lower end GPU say a 8600GTS

I like Gurus build. That would work. I would rather not drop from a 9600gt. It seems the perfect choice in my position.

How future proof would that build be? How long until i am forced to buy another rig? (This one has lasted me 6 years and cost roughly £500 when i got it).

Oh, and would it run Crysis on pretty high graphics? :D

If you plan on throwing in another 9600GT for SLI the rig should last you awhile. The E2200 should overclock to at least over 3ghz... Personally I'm not a big fan of the new nvidia chipsets, but 9600GT cards in SLI have proven to be very nice performers so in this case I would recommend it :)

As for crysis, you will most likely need to put the shaders on medium if you want it to play smoothly....but you may get away with high. If you have SLI you will play with high settings no problem. (forget very high).

Also if you want an upgrade in the future you can always switch to a quadcore and upgrade your video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom