Trying to install rollup 2 for MCE 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried going thru the Windows update like i suggested first?

Have you tried going thru the Windows update like i suggested first?

Yes, all updates are installed except for optional & hardware updates.

clear your cache...
mce rollup install errors are generally relegated to security fixes installed out of order...
Error message when you try to install Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005: "Setup failed"
there may be more than one security update that needs to be uninstalled in order to correct this...but you might be lucky and just have to do this one

That security update isn't listed in add/remove programs, which seems to contradict what I said before about it being up to date. Not sure why my updates aren't showing up correctly....something bigger may be amiss?

That security update isn't listed in add/remove programs, which seems to contradict what I said before about it being up to date. Not sure why my updates aren't showing up correctly....something bigger may be amiss?

Could be. I know that the Rollup 2 update was included in my updates a long time ago. I would make sure you check the Add/Remove programs withthe show updates box checked to make sure you dont have it already.

I would try to slipstream them anyway. nlite has a feature that will also consolidate your 2 or 3 media center discs onto one dvd rom. you won't have to insert any disc during the install

Hey my 10,000 post. I'm going to get drunk. I can't go out though because we are having a blizzard here in the Ceo (Columbus Ohio)

I did slipstream mine. ;)

congrats on 10,000 posts Eric. I hope to get there someday....

Dont feel bad. The weather isnt much better here in Buffalo, NY. Storm here as well...

thanks. it's hard to believe that 8-9 years year ago that something like this was possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom