BSOD whilst playing FEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
What settings do you play the game on now? I read in some google searches that turning the quality up actually helped???

I have 'em all on max they can go. That's why I'm thinking I should try to take 'em down... I could play on all max on my old card though, which is weird that I can't with this newer card =\. I wouldn't think it'd be a bad card, because FEAR is the only game this happens with...

Well take FEAR down a notch and see what happens. That is the last resort i guess.

Yeah, I'm gonna try that tonight when I get home from work.

Ran Memtest last night just to make sure it wasn't my memory, and all of my RAM passed after about 7hrs. So I can rule bad RAM out of it.

Took it down to High; didn't make a difference... I'm gonna try to keep it on High (the highest I can go is 'Maximum' so I just took it down 1), and then take the clocks down to the actual GT stock's clocks: 600/900.... If that doesn't work, I'm gonna try playing the single-player portion of it and going to see if it crashes in SP as well as MP (all I've tried it in is MP...haven't tried SP yet).

So this is what I'll try:

Disable dual monitors; take clocks down to 600/900; set detail to High.

Wish me luck *sigh*

If that doesn't work, I may have to RMA the card...

Wow thisis a weird one. Have you contacted nVidia at all to see if there is any specific bugs not posted about when it comes to the card/drivers with FEAR?

Haven't contacted nVidia, but I may after this post, heh.

w00t, got it working though. Downclocked it all the way down to 600/900, and managed to play at least 5 rounds, from a couple different servers =D. Had dual monitors running as well, on High settings. May try to up the detail to Maximum again to see if I can still play for that long, some other night.

So it seems that hte game has a threshold that cant be crossed without the GFX going bad. That could be why i never encounter this as my 6800 can only reach 450/850 before ti crashes.

It could be a nVidia issue still with the drivers. But it could also be something in the game to help keep framerates up on older cards?? Maybe??

But that is interesting.

So it seems that hte game has a threshold that cant be crossed without the GFX going bad. That could be why i never encounter this as my 6800 can only reach 450/850 before ti crashes.

It could be a nVidia issue still with the drivers. But it could also be something in the game to help keep framerates up on older cards?? Maybe??

But that is interesting.

Odd thing is though, I could clock my old GTS 320 to the max, and play FEAR just fine for hours on end. But as soon as I got my GT, I had problems with FEAR, and only FEAR (well, out of the games that I've played so far...I don't play all of my games anymore lol). I had my GTS 320 clocked up to 665/1070 (granted, that is a bit of a different card than the GT, and a slightly older architecture) but I wouldn't think it'd make THAT much of a difference =\. I keep forgetting to ask other ppl in-game what they're using to see if any of 'em have a GT and if they're havin probs... Thanks for the help though, Mak, I appreciate it. Helped me out quite a bit on this one, heh; got my brain joggin on things to possibly do.

Glad to give ideas. Sorry i couldn't help find a fix though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom