Bad SLACRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
What's this I've heard about bad batches of G0/SLACRs? This guy on another forum tells me:

1.55v to get 3.6 stable is not unusual. Getting 3.6 stable with any voltage can probably only happen with about half the chips out there regardless of stepping. Be careful what you wish for, because you might end up with one of those G0s with a max overclock of 2.8 - and there are many such SLACRs (literally) out there.

I have been hearing this around many other forums as well...

Is this just noobery? or are there many legitimate bad batches of G0s out there that don't go past 2.8Ghz? What can I do to avoid this? Is there a certain date that I should avoid, I mean, I don't know how to go about this, I really want to replace my B3 with a better running G0...

I haven't heard of that before, but I'm sure there are bad batches. I've seen some people who weren't able to overclock much at all, with their G0s or B3s. And as the saying goes...not every chip will overclock the same. Also, there is always bound to be several lemons in a batch.

maybe Braz got a bad batch of an e8400 which is why he can't get off stock stably

Of course I know that some batches are better than others, but getting instability with anything past 2.7GHz is a little extreme to me - that's really indicating something really wrong with those chips.. and I'd like to know if this is as widespread as some people make it out to be...

it seems like none of you are aware of this... maybe because it's going for so cheap now, noobs with inferior motherboards and cooling solutions can attain them and are experiencing these overclocking 'problems'... iunno.. I think I'm gonna take the chance and have it ordered..

they probably just have very bad vid's, u get some abd and some good look at me and vdub, weve both got a vid of 1.2 which is great compared to the 1.35 most people have.

I've NEVER heard of a g0 quad unable to clock to at least 3.0ghz.

IMO a "bad" g0 is one that needs above 1.45-1.475 to get above 3.5ghz

Even the worst b3 steppings had no problem getting to 3.0ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom