just looking for some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The X2 5000+ should be able to match the 6000+. If not, it's not noticeable. Plus, the 5000+ runs cooler, because it uses the 65nm, as opposed to the 6000+'s 90nm.

If you are overclocking though, you should get an aftermarket cooler. And I would suggest the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro. It's only $20 at newegg.com.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with AMD's way of overclocking, but nagasama and Apokalipse are. You should shoot them your questions.

alright i will do that, ok then i will go ahead and get the x2 5000+ and the artic cooling freezer 64 pro, unless anyone has a better suggestion lol.

yeah im kinda good at amd overclocking as well. managed 3.0ghz on a 3600+ windsor 2.0. and got 2.99 on a 3200+ 939 cpu (forgot the core, sold the pc about 8 months ago)

anyways, get the 5000+ black, we can guide you on how to get to some good frequency's pretty stable, and with the extra $50 you save, you can get a better heatsink to help with your temps.

alright, X2 5000+ here i come lol. i will order it later today probibly. and as for the heatsink theartic cooling freezer 64 pro, that sound good to everyone?

The ACF64Pro is basically the best bang for your buck cooler for the AM2 processors.

ok sounds good!! i will go ahead and place that order later today or 1st thing tommorrow. and later this week when i gets here you can all be sure that i will be back for help lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom