8600gt temperatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazerWill

Baseband Member
I've recently been experiencing really bad FPS in WoW, the game i play most. I was use to getting 80-90fps and now only getting 30-50???

I did a temp check it's at about 58c Idle and goes to about 65-70c when playing WoW, is this too hot? The card feels quite hot tbh, i've upgraded drivers but im being told by friends to make some free space on hard drive, will this really make any difference?

I am also, every time i boot the PC, i get a bios message, 'system intruded, chasis open please check the system'. It then boots again and loads windows fine, what does this mean???

Anyone help!

Thanks

Will

I have a 8600GT and it usually idles around 49C. At load it goes to around to 60-65.

Your temps aren't that bad but it is something you should look into. Better Wire management? You can also increase your Fan Speed to 100% if you're worried.

I don't really know about your system error but what Im thinking is that your chassis has a jumper that makes sure the side case is securely latched on while the comp is on. So make sure the side is on correctly.

btw...Those are some pretty low FPS for WoW even @ 80-90. Mine usually goes to 150-200. What res do you play at?

1680x1024 i think, if that sounds right, got a 22 inch widescreen.

Ye i am pretty dissapointed in the sudden drop in FPS, i also get screen tearing and have to alt tab out of wow then back in or i get wow error/screen lock :S

any other ideas?

its 1680x1500, even at that res you should get in the 80's atleast. use some compressed air and get some dust out (if there is any), turn the fan up to 100%, close some back ground programs and see if that helps.

its 1680x1050....... even at that res you should get in the 80's atleast. use some compressed air and get some dust out (if there is any), turn the fan up to 100%, close some back ground programs and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom