More 9800gx2 goodness.. and badness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
for that pricetag and the fact that its a 2 in 1 card it better mean 8800 lol.

stickign 2 8800GT's in sli would be more than 190% of an 8600gt and still a lot cheaper than this gx2.

I can see myself going ATI when something trounces the ultra in gaming performance.
I don't care at all about 3dmark. an 18000 score means nothing if it performa the same in games as a 13000 :) i'll keep my epeen in my pants.

Cmon nvidia!!! ; ;

Little too rich for me. I could probably afford it if I wanted too But I refuse to pay $700.00 for a graphics card. That may not actually be the price though. If that is how much they will be I am just buying an 8800GTS.

With a $680 price tag and only "up to" a 90% performance increase from a 8600GT, this card won't be very popular. From what it looks, does anybody actually believe the upcoming 9 series deserves to be labeled as a new series? They should have just labeled the 9800s to 8900s like what they did with the 7 series.

The thing that gets me is that usually the marketing on this stuff is over exaggerated, 190% 8600GT power sounds pretty weak for a high-end 9 series card. Maybe it's a typo?

actually bro its GTS ;)

lol i'm glad i didnt wait for that thing.
wow. 700 bucks.
a 700 dollar card for a 400 dollar monitor.
thats like putting 2000 dollar rims on a pinto.

I think you guys don't know enough yet. Don't give me this "the ball is in AMD's hand" crap. You haven't seeen any benchmarks, and I think nVidia is more capable and isn't as stupid to sell a card like the 9800GX2 at this price point when it only offers 90% more than a GTS. Seriously, this is supposed to be an SLi in one card, but nVidia has the technology to do 90% with just a single card.

My belief: You haven't seen anything yet.

Right. I'm not saying nVidia wouldn't sell a card for 700, I'm saying nVidia wouldn't release a card so weak for 700$. But people are sold on the idea of this card only performing 90% than an 8600gts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom