New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I was kind of hoping to stick with the PSU included in the case deal , as i really like the case, and i thought that the PSU included was pretty good quality...
On that note, what do you guys think of the PSU included with the case?
And yeh I'll get the ram you reccomended.

Would you for the love of someones god look at the power supply guide.

700 watts you want?

Corsair 750TX, PC Power and Cooling 750 silencer.

hmmm...
How would two (in SLI) 8800GTS perform on crysis?
Would they be better than a single 8800GTX?
Before i make my decision im gonna wait for the 9800GX2 come out so i can get a reliable review of one of them...

8800GTS 512s in SLI playing at 24" should handle it at acceptable framerates. And of course it's better than a single 8800GTX, especially with these great price drops, that the GTS has been having lately.

One last thing,
Would i see any difference between having Vista 64x on a raptor 74gb to having the OS on the Segate 500GB?
I say this as I already have a raptor and if it is useless putting the OS on it I will sell it for a bit more cash towards the build.

One last,last thing (lol) ...
If I were to get a 8800GTS which would you reccomend?

IMO, it's not that big of a difference between the Raptors and the latest hard drives, such as the 7200.11 series. Maybe the seek time, but if you want some extra cash, I'd say go for it.

For which 8800GTS? Definitely the 512MB version, and under the companies EVGA, XFX, and BFG. EVGA is top notch.

save the money you could use on a raptor and use it for future upgrades that will give you more of a performance boost

If i was to buy a single card , what would be better - a 8800GTX or a 8800GTS 512MB ? Theres only about £20 in the price so....

On a performance standpoint, the GTX is better. But if you get the GTS and overclock it, it will beat the GTX and for less money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom