IE8 Beta released to the public

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have still don't have all of the flash player and active x stuff but the most annoying item seen is the automatic full screen opening when you are trying to adjust a few settings. The general layout hasn't changed much however except a few name changes seen so far.

Flash Player is not compatible unless you do the Enulate IE7 thing. It doesnt work with IE8 yet. As the same for most ActiveX controlers. ;)

I found that out fast when seeing the smiley icons outside of the advanced box and almost half way over to the right side of the IE window. :p

The links folder for stretching those across the top of the window under the menu bar also sees the new name "favorites bar" instead of simply grabbing the links tab and pulling it over from the right.

The real annoyance however is seeing it always open full screen with the auto hide set for the menu, address, favorites and any other addon tool bars. There's no option to keep that from being seen.

ie8 beta is great for testing! if ie8 doesn't work...switch to emulate ie7 :D
and i love it's work saving feature/crash recovery...picks up again after if something crashes

the above also helps me to avoid sites that I would think are questionable...any seemingly legitimate site that crashes ie, and then does it again...I just avoid :D

Try getting IE 7 back on when trying to remove IE 8. "installer detected newer version" even after you remove registry entries but still remain prevented from manually removing the IE and Outlook folders.

I figured that I would give that a quick look but even after a system restore IE 7 simply refuses to open while Outlook seems like nothing ever changed. Even when the final version is out I will likely stay with 7 until the next version of Windows sees that in it.

hmm, after your post eyecpc...I just wanted to see if what you were saying was true...

using Vista
initially I could not find IE8 to uninstall in "programs/features"...I did however found it in "view installed updates"...so off we go

reboot to see if outlook and ie7 were ok

I made them b/w images so I could show at full rez, keep small and you can watch the time/date :p

now I have to reinstall ie8 again...posting this from ie7 :D

I think eyeXpx did it from within XP. I will test it out by removing my IE8 on XP later and see what happens.

That's precisely correct since XP sees the add/remove Windows components plus was just reinstalled a day ago while I have been rather busy lately working with a few Vista items. :p

The fresh install didn't even see IE 6 work but later saw IE 8 run once I used the turn off DEP switch. IE 7 went on finally but again refuses to open to the home page.

I used the restore point just prior to the one made when first installing the new beta to get past the newer version found and something still accessing IE when first trying to clean up a few things like the main registry key for IE.

Between IE 8, seeing all programs back on in Vista as well as XP, and even trying to add in a Linux distro this simply adds to the fun of beta here. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom