680i LT sound problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertWolf01

Baseband Member
Alright so when i first ordered all my stuff for my pc i got the 680i LT (open box), and it dosnt have onboard audio so i thought i could just go and buy an audio card and i would have audio. So i went out and bought a audio card and installed it but i still had no sound, it wouldnt work, i was wondering cuase the sound card had all kinds of pluges on it but i wasnt sure if anything would need pluged in it. Im wanting to get audio working on it so my dad can use that mobo so his gt will run at full speed on a pcie 2.0 slot.
So anyne know how i could get audio workin on it?...
thx :)
also i can post a pic of the audio card if needed....

this might seem obvious but try it in a different pci slot

EDIT Also your 680i LT should have onboard sound

All motherboards should have onboard sound. If you see alot of colored inputs, that are clustered at the back of the computer, that's the onboard sound.

Question, did you install the sound card's driver?

The board i got isnt the LT(my bad) its just the 680i and it was supposed to come with a sound card but i got the open box one so it didnt come with the sound card so it dont have no sound at all, theres no onboard audio, it has to be a card, i have installed all the drivers and everything, i have also made sure it was enabled and everything it just didnt work.

I don't see how it cannot have onboard sound.

Are you saying that you don't have something like what's on the bottom of the pic, on your motherboard?...
Motherboard2.jpg

They could prolly call Asus and get the card that was supposed to come with it. but i dont have the money to do that now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom