Pretty sure my ram is giving up on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
sad to say i think my ram is finally going to die on me. i keep blue screening in windows and i've had other memory related errors here and there. so i've run memtest86+ on it and within 15mins i already had 300 something errors (400mhz @ 4-4-4-8, although i don't know if that matters).

also i was wondering if anyone has ever dealt with corsair's warranty services, and could tell me what their experience was like. i think im going to do that.

Well it sounds like it. Maybe you should run Prime95 and see what errors you come up with just to be sure.

yeah it sucks. but i was looking anyway to get another 2gb so i could run vista ult 64 pretty well.

well those are quite stock clocks. but i've always been able to run them at 400mhz @ 4-4-4-8, and ran 500 @ 4-4-4-8 when benchmarking all the time. oh well i will try that tomorrow and see what happens.

alright i ran memtest on them for 9 hours, through 16 or so tests, at 408mhz @ 5-5-5-15, what they board auto sets them too, and it didn't come up with any errors. and i've put them at stock speeds 400mhz @ 4-4-4-12 and ran orthos on it for almost 4 hours no with no errors. so maybe they're just slowing down? :/

i ran memtest86+ v2.01 for nearly 8 hours at 400mhz @ 4-4-4-12 and got no errors at all. i wonder why i was getting those BSOD's... i did switch memory into the other 2 open slots (hopefully its not my mobo :( )

virus maybe?...does sound like a ram OC problem tho.

yeah i've being running all sorts of spyware and virus scanners and nothing comes up, and i don't want to format and start over. so i still think its my ram giving out on me. but it sucks corsair won't warranty them as long as they run at specified speeds. its a good thing ram prices have come way way down, i can get some ballistix for $30 AMIR :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom