Newbie here with some questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy crap.. $90....

also if you use Google Checkout and this is your first buy using it you get $10 cut of it

hey just to be sure before I order this stuff up, 520W will be sufficient to run my gaming machine? I have some computer savvy friends and family and they say I don't want to skimp on the power.

If so I should be able to order one if not both of these this weekend.

where should I go next after case/power source?

I had a question... for all the connectors on the power source, what kind of compatability issues will I run in for various components?

Hey my intel core 2 quad 6600 came today. What is that fan looking thing that comes with it? Is that a cooling unit meant just for the processor?

ok so when someone has referred to a heat sink, is that what they are referring to? Can that stock one and upgrade a better one?

The processor is so small. I think it's the most expensive tiny part I've ever bought. But from what I'm told it will be worth it!

The stock one is referred to as a HSF(heatsink & fan). And yes, that's what they're referring to. It's crappy for overclocking, but it's good enough to use for stock speeds.

Overclocking is the process of running the processor beyond it's stock speed for performance. I assume it's the Q6600 you got? If so, it's actually plenty powerful at the stock 2.4GHz speed. Overclocking is usually to get a performance boost out of it, for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom