cant reinstall OS, error showing up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
These guys are spot on ! Ubuntu,PCLinux have partionion managers built in.
But if you not planing to get into Linux the quickest would be to download GPARTED PARTION MANAGER. Burn the iso image, whack it in the computer with the dodgy system, first making sure you have cd set to be first boot and then use GPARTED to completely wipe the partition. But if you have a WIN XP DISK YOU CAN DO THE SAME WITH THAT.

and note it must be a full install disc of windows xp to wipe the HDD

but the better part of gparted.. is you can actually make partitions and change partition sizes ;)

lol i fail to understand it. Guide me on this one. Does it require Ubuntu? I'm gonna be using a XP Pro PC.

The link i gave is jsut for the GParted LiveCD itself. Not a part of Ubuntu or any other Linux distro. Just the applicaiton itself in LiveCD form that you can burn to CD and boot from and use.

It is Linux based but it can work with any and all fprmats/partitions for Windows, Linux and OS X. that is why i recommended it. Cause you can fix the Windows issue with this Linux based LiveCD App.;)

and note it must be a full install disc of windows xp to wipe the HDD

but the better part of gparted.. is you can actually make partitions and change partition sizes ;)

thats cool. With Vista i have, i can like merge the HDDs or something like that, probably RAID 1.

The link i gave is jsut for the GParted LiveCD itself. Not a part of Ubuntu or any other Linux distro. Just the applicaiton itself in LiveCD form that you can burn to CD and boot from and use.

It is Linux based but it can work with any and all fprmats/partitions for Windows, Linux and OS X. that is why i recommended it. Cause you can fix the Windows issue with this Linux based LiveCD App.;)

ohhhhhhh..........i see. Thx for the info, i get to this next week, because im gonna play SSBB at midnight tonight n all Sunday.

question, do i need Ubuntu for this "LiveCD" ur giving me?

No. It will just boot up to the GParted interface and run when you boot it. From there it is really easy to figure out how to work it.

thats cool. With Vista i have, i can like merge the HDDs or something like that, probably RAID 1.

ohhhhhhh..........i see. Thx for the info, i get to this next week, because im gonna play SSBB at midnight tonight n all Sunday.

question, do i need Ubuntu for this "LiveCD" ur giving me?

what.. who said anything about raid?! lol

its just great to have partitions....

example

i'm going to split my hard drive into to pieces, 1 part of it 5gb, another 100gb, and another 145gb

5gb partition = your windows install (might want more for vista... seeing as it has some HUGE updates and will easily take over 5gb)
100gb partition = your games
145gb = your torrents, music and other large file related downloads

soooo... when you need to reformat if something like that ever happens... you don't loose all your data.. all you have to do is wipe the 5gb partition clean.. and reinstall on it...

what.. who said anything about raid?! lol

its just great to have partitions....

example

i'm going to split my hard drive into to pieces, 1 part of it 5gb, another 100gb, and another 145gb

5gb partition = your windows install (might want more for vista... seeing as it has some HUGE updates and will easily take over 5gb)
100gb partition = your games
145gb = your torrents, music and other large file related downloads

soooo... when you need to reformat if something like that ever happens... you don't loose all your data.. all you have to do is wipe the 5gb partition clean.. and reinstall on it...

oh nice idea, i might do that soon, been busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom