Computer messing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiahou

In Runtime
Hi,

Basically my PC is messing up quite a lot.

Sometimes, all of a sudden it just restarts. No warning, just restarts itself. It can happen as soon as I get into windows, sometimes it can happen at any random time, or when I'm doing something.

I tried to do a system restore a number of times tonight (needed something back), and it wouldn't work. I might have tried 5 times, it loaded fine, system restore taking place (saw the blue loading bar) and every time as soon as it got to "Restoring settings" (I think that's what it was) it restarted.

Also, a number of times I keep getting the BSOD. "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". When my pc restarts, it's extremely common for me to get the BSOD right after the windows loading screen, then my pc restarts and "load windows normally" gets into windows.

Not sure if these 2 problems are connected, but any help appreciated a lot.

The error is most likely RAM related. Google for Memtest86 and get the LiveCD versionand run it. See what results it puts out.

I get this when I try to run the .bat

I also got it when I tried to install my internet drivers on my DFI mobo CD earlier (my internet completely messed up when I installed Trend anti virus, didn't fix it. I had to put the internet cable into the other port of my pc, which fixed it).

Is this a virus?

Any further help appreciated.

edit: also, for some reason, sometimes my internet browser history & favourites are deleted. Running Kaspersky virus scan now, but not sure if it's a virus or just a coincidence.

It could be Virus related. I would suggest a trip to the Virus section to follow Osiris's guide for a good cleaning.

Hi,

Basically my PC is messing up quite a lot.

Sometimes, all of a sudden it just restarts. No warning, just restarts itself. It can happen as soon as I get into windows, sometimes it can happen at any random time, or when I'm doing something.

I tried to do a system restore a number of times tonight (needed something back), and it wouldn't work. I might have tried 5 times, it loaded fine, system restore taking place (saw the blue loading bar) and every time as soon as it got to "Restoring settings" (I think that's what it was) it restarted.

Also, a number of times I keep getting the BSOD. "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". When my pc restarts, it's extremely common for me to get the BSOD right after the windows loading screen, then my pc restarts and "load windows normally" gets into windows.

Not sure if these 2 problems are connected, but any help appreciated a lot.

Weird. I had the same problem for a few weeks with a new wireless USB NIC. Turns out it would freeze or BSOD my system whenever it got heavily utilized.

But it could be anything. If you've installed any "new" hardware before this problem started, I'd remove it and see what happens. Turns out I had a faulty USB controller on my motherboard, which is what was causing my wireless USB NIC to kill my system.

Thanks for the reply,

how can i check to see if it is a faulty component on my motherboard?

also, i forget what the command in 'run' is, but there is a way to check why your pc has restarted right? would that tell me why it's doing it?

If you right click on "My Computer" and select "Manage," it'll bring up the Computer Management dialogue. Expand the Event Viewer section, and look in the System and Application event logs. You should (hopefully) be getting system or application errors right around the time your computer hangs, and they can help you figure out the cause.

To figure out which component on my mobo had gone bad, I bought a PCI card that diagnosed it for me - displayed a HEX number, which I looked up on a chart that came with the card, and that told me what was wrong. Don't know if there's an easier way now, though.

Are your fans working properly? This sounds kind of like a temp problem. Then the continuous restarts may have corrupted a file causing the BSOD. Can you boot to safe mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom