Water cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ way to double post first of all.

Secondly, I'm pretty confused as to what Soft Cooling is...

And finally you cant cool a cpu with just heatpipes... you need something to dissipate the heat.

SoftCooling; Basically it is the practice of utilizing software to take advantage of CPU power saving technologies to minimize energy use. Its done using halt instructions to turn off or put in standby state CPU subparts that aren't being used or by underclocking the CPU.

And for Heat Pipes
For use in computers, the heat sink on the CPU is attached to a larger radiator heat sink. Both heat sinks are hollow as is the atachment between them, creating one large heat pipe that transfers heat from the CPU to the radiator, which is then cooled. But, This method is one of the most expensive and usually used when space is tight.

by the way i am using Liquid Cooling

Some of them are loud. Louder usually = better.

Well, the changing pahse can produce temperatures reaching around −30 degrees Celsius. The gas flows down to the compressor and the cycle begins over again.i This way, the processor can be cooled to temperatures ranging from −15 to −100!! degrees Celsius, depending on the load, type and speed of the processor and the refrigeration system.
and please note that this type of system suffers from a number of issues but mainly one must be concerned with dewpoint and proper insulation of all sub-ambient surfaces must be done otherwise the pipes will sweat dripping water on sensitive electronics. Which isn't good! lol

Their are many different ways of cooling your computer. Some i can think of.

Passive heat sink cooling
Active heat sink cooling

Peltier cooling or thermoelectric cooling
Water cooling
Heat pipe
Phase-change cooling (the one we are talking about)
liquid nitrogen
Soft cooling

There are many ways.

I'm glad for any help u can offer concerning water cooling but i didn't ask for a list of type's of cooling.

how the heck did you get up to phase cooling from tecs?! phase costs like 800+!?

TECs go for 100-500 ??

i didn't make the leap because they are in a similar price bracket, rather than if you are willing to do something as extreme as peltier cooling then perhaps phase cooling would be better suited for you. there are reasons why most overclockers don't employ TECs for permanent use.

i didn't make the leap because they are in a similar price bracket, rather than if you are willing to do something as extreme as peltier cooling then perhaps phase cooling would be better suited for you. there are reasons why most overclockers don't employ TECs for permanent use.

i see your point, but I still disagree

phase cooling is much more extreme then some simple TEC's

TEC's aren't used because they are unstable and prone to causing major problems with power...

Phases aren't used much because they are so complex and have many problems with condensation, insulation etc.

Condensation is not a problem solely with phase units. Chilled Water coolers, Tec's, and Phase can all be prone to it.

maybe we can do a sticky about the suggested hardware for water cooling, and some price ranges, and a few links to good info about starting up.

sorry for thread jack...

sounds like a good idea, it should also include phase as well. i might not be getting water cooling at the moment but if i have enough money i might replace my ultra-120 extreme with water.

sounds like a good idea, it should also include phase as well. i might not be getting water cooling at the moment but if i have enough money i might replace my ultra-120 extreme with water.

yeah, phase under an "ultra extreme" list or something. That would be really helpful.

-No on the thermaltake pump its a piece of crap and only supports 1/4" or 3/8" tubing.

-No on the Apogee GTX, Swiftech pulled a dirpa dir here and decided to make the top out of aluminum and the plating on it is insufficient to protect against galvanic corrosion.

Like I've said before Petra's Tech Shop

Thats what you want. And before you ask, yes they will ship to other countries.

And on a random note, they want twice as much for the darned masterkleer tubing as Petras.

And no, the four items you listed are not all you need.
You need hose clamps, and coolant or an additive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom