Windows XP Can't Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after it searches your PC for a Windows OS already installed and I hit 'R', am I right that there should be a loading bar and once it is 100% it reboots on its own and goes to the Windows installation screen? This is exactly what happened.

That is somethign wierd. As i have never seen a OEM version ask for a serial. Nor have i ever seen a repair install ask for a serial. Those guys did something to your PC. As you have a retail version of XP not a OEM. They must have hacked it somehow to get you to be able to install the updates. As only Retail copies ask for a serial. As stated it shouldnt do it during a repair.

It seemed like you were at the first menu when you hit R to start the process. But now i really dont have a clue what to say. I mean those guys got you good. Told you one thing did another. There is nothing that we can do to help here now. Sorry.

Unless someone else has any ideas at all on this. Cause from where i am sitting buying a new copy of XP Pro looks to be the only answer.

I was able to find my original Windows XP Pro CD though I doubt it really makes a difference but I booted that CD up anyway and followed the same sequence, however, this time it was a bit different.

I went with the first option again that says set up Windows XP now and agreed to the terms of agreement but this time it shows two partitioned and unpartitioned drives, C and D. It said I need to pick one of them to move forward with setting up Windows so I hit 'C' and it told me that the partition is either unformatted, damaged, full, etc. and that it needs to be formatted to move forward, deleting all my files on that drive.

I went back and tried partition D but it still says that C must be formatted before I go forward.

What should I do now? I'd really hate to lose all my files unexpectedly like this.

Well to prevent you from losing the files i would suggest finding a BartPE CD. That might be able to help you out. As that can allow you to backup your files without losing them and it might, might, be able to run Magic Jelly Bean for you.

As for the format thing. Yeah the C:\ drive has crashed hard. I would try either a BartPE CD or a Linux Live Distro.

Could you kindly tell me step-by-step how to backup all my files once I have BartPE booted up? Also I can't seem to get Magic Jelly Bean on to my DVD using Nero as I just get an error. Can you recommend a program that will?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom