Cannot stay stable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
Overclocked my e8400 to 3.3ghz. Here is what all of my settings were on:
FSB 1464, ram 732, ram 4-4-4-12 2 clocks 2.21v, HT&NB 1.4v, SB auto. I ran orthos for 1hr, whole Pc froze after 1hr. I was on aim and firefox... dunno if that made it freeze? It seemed so stable. Idk, I'm nearing the max for volts. This rly stinks! any help guys?

you what i usually do when I get new stuff. I'll burn it in w/ prime for 3 days or so at stock settings. Then proceed to overclock. That seems pretty bad that its not stable. Run prime stock and see what happens.

then your cpu can't overclock that much... its pretty simple

if you can't get it stable with downclocked ram and high volts, then it won't ever be stable

you what i usually do when I get new stuff. I'll burn it in w/ prime for 3 days or so at stock settings. Then proceed to overclock. That seems pretty bad that its not stable. Run prime stock and see what happens.

whats "prime"?

google prime95

its a program that finds prime mersenne numbers and thus stresses your pc to the brink, its similar to orthos and other cpu stress testing programs

Prime95 is known for its "torture test"

try putting hyper transport and north bridge to 1.5v .. i've said this in an older thread!

and whats your definition of max voltage.. what is your vcore..

and southbridge.. why is it at auto.. auto is bad!! try setting that to 1.45

i'm not sure what the vcore needed for those 45nm cpu's are.. so i can't help you on that one...

but definitely want everything like northbridge, south bridge, 1.2 htt and fsb and all that at something around 1.45-1.55

ok, I had these settings:FSB 1600, vcore 1.3, HT 1.34, NB 1.34, SB Auto, CPU functions-E1 and C1ST or w.e off. Pc booted fine, everythign was good. About 10seconds into orthos, it started beeping at me. some kind of error or somthing? So I decided if 3.6 wouldnt work at those volts, why not try 3.5? so I did, booted up and got the blue screen of death right after windows loaded. I think ill try SB at 1.45 like you said nos, with HT and NB at 1.5. The Vcore max is 1.36 for the e8400 45nm cpus i think... dont wanna go over than, I just have an arctic freezer. According to asus probe II (closest to bios) I idle around 40c, load highest ive seen was 56c. When I had my cpu going at 3.6, it idled about 39c lol, and I didnt get far in orthos. I totally forgot to download prime, so i still gotta do that. (im at school now) One more thing, im scared to reais the mobo volts too high because the NB gets VERY HOT to the touch, it burns u if u touch it. (I dont touch it, but I can feel the heat when my finger is just near it) I do have the little fan that came with the mobo on. highest ive seen the mobo get was 39c when playing crysis or running orthos.
*EDIT*- Ram was manually set to 4-4-4-12, 2 clocks, half of what the FSB was, 2.21v

ok, I had these settings:FSB 1600, vcore 1.3, HT 1.34, NB 1.34, SB Auto, CPU functions-E1 and C1ST or w.e off. Pc booted fine, everythign was good. About 10seconds into orthos, it started beeping at me. some kind of error or somthing? So I decided if 3.6 wouldnt work at those volts, why not try 3.5? so I did, booted up and got the blue screen of death right after windows loaded. I think ill try SB at 1.45 like you said nos, with HT and NB at 1.5. The Vcore max is 1.36 for the e8400 45nm cpus i think... dont wanna go over than, I just have an arctic freezer. According to asus probe II (closest to bios) I idle around 40c, load highest ive seen was 56c. When I had my cpu going at 3.6, it idled about 39c lol, and I didnt get far in orthos. I totally forgot to download prime, so i still gotta do that. (im at school now) One more thing, im scared to reais the mobo volts too high because the NB gets VERY HOT to the touch, it burns u if u touch it. (I dont touch it, but I can feel the heat when my finger is just near it) I do have the little fan that came with the mobo on. highest ive seen the mobo get was 39c when playing crysis or running orthos.
*EDIT*- Ram was manually set to 4-4-4-12, 2 clocks, half of what the FSB was, 2.21v

dont want to go over 1.36? I mean, I got 4ghz at 1.36 but still, I ran at 1.5 in bios for like 30 min..

and did you try to loosen up your ram timings? 5-5-5-15? possibly speed up your ram a little bit (really helps me, course I cant slow mine down.. so..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom