Unreadable hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

pendo007

Baseband Member
I have screwed up. I had a machine give me the ntloader error on startup...i was like ok easy fix with a windows repair. i poped in the windows cd and was not really paying attention and started a quick format on the drive. i had a knee jerk reaction and just pulled the power cord for the back of the machine. i need these files of this drive. it is a sata drive, and i have no machine around with dual sata ports on the motherboard so i can not do the good ole piggy back. i have tried UBCD and all the recovery tools tell me that the file system is unreadable. i figure that the format started and erased the directory structures and all. I do have the option to send the hard drive to our security department and they will most likely be able to get these files, but who wants to do all that and admit to an error. any suggestions.

i have an external usb harddrive. if that helps in any way.

Using a Linux LiveCD may also work. Go download Ubuntu, burn it to a disc, and try booting off of it and see if it recognizes the drive. You canthen copy the files to your USB HDD.

Hello,

You could try using the freeware data recovery software TestDisk. It is designed to fix the partition table and recover deleted partitions, amongst other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom