building my new rig, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I may have made a mistake. I did not realize the screwdriver I used to install the motherboard is magnetized on the end. It's not a very strong magnet, barely strong enough to pick up the little screw. Do you think I damaged anything? I think I may have used it on the PSU as well. Do you think I damaged anything? I sure do hope not.

No, it's safe. I use a screw driver like that too, and I've never had a problem. Great for picking up tiny screws.

yea dont use it on the hard drive, not that you need to you should have tool less drive bays

I read that all the information will be lost on the hard drive but what if there is no information on it? Will it still damage it?

Yeah, I do have tool less drive bays but I didn't like how lose it was so I put 1 or 2 screws to hold it in place better.

Those tool less clips and what not, are sort of useless. I'd much rather prefer screws. They're more secure.

It takes a very strong magnet to kill or damage a hard drive, so a magnetic screw driver is nothing.

Man you guys are quick to respond. I love this forum. On other forums, my threads sometimes goes days without responses.

Now I am just waiting on my processor to arrive on Tuesday. Man I hate waiting. Does Newegg have a store where you can walk in and buy stuff or is it just an online store? That would be sweet if they had stores and I lived close to one, I would be going there all the time and drooling over everything:D

I don't think Newegg has any retail stores. They just have a HQ in California, and warehouses in California too, as well as Tennessee and New Jersey. But I would soooo go there everyday! I would apply for a job there too.

Questions about hard drives and dvd drives. I plan on adding another hard drive and another dvd drive to my system. Will I need to buy any cables for them? I have been looking on Newegg and they do not show any cables with them. I am thinking I may need to buy the sata cable that connects to the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom