RAID 0 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmaddogfreak

In Runtime
Ok, so here's the deal, My system specs are in my Sig so i dont have to repeat myself. I am using the onboard NVidia RAID controller (not the JMicron) When I go to start up windows, it will not start unless my windows installation disc is int the DVD drive. It doesn't boot from that drive, it simply asks me to press any key if i want to boot from the CD/DVD, waits for my response, and then boots up windows from the HDD. I don't get it. It NEEDS the disk in there, it wont boot without it. I have changed the boot priority... same thing... Anyone have any ideas??? Any questions... just ask.

When you created the raid array in the raid bios did you make the array "bootable"?

If not sure you will need to enter the raid bios like when you set it up and go to details. If it isn't then you will need to make it bootable. It sounds like this is your problem as Windows it simply finding the boot files from the CD.

Without the array made bootable it will never boot from your raid array.

The array is bootable...

I was talking with someone else about it, and they said somethign about a jumper on the MOBO. I tried updating the BIOS, but so far have been unsuccessful.

Any ideas about the jumper?

did u set the mobo to raid? i have a msi p6n sli platinum and to set up raid, i would have to go to integrated peripherals..and theres an option for all 4 of my sata connections, i would have to set my raided hard drives to "RAID" instead of regular

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom