Need help with this new computer (BUILDING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthTools

Hardware/VB.net/Anti-vir
=============================

MY EMAIL IS: Stealth_Tools [at] Hotmail [dot] com

If it isn't too much trouble and if you don't mind, please email your information to me. Cheers ;-P

=============================

MAIN QUESTION:

Will all of these parts work well with each other?

BUDGET: There really isn't one... As listed below I found out about the 790i Motherboard and changed my plans from the 780i... I can make changes and go up in price if needed.

I have been reading about how if I were to put an Athlon CPU in an Intel Motherboard the Athon's power would be cut in half... and other things I had to change...

Also the NVIDIA 780i SLI motherboard is NOT!!!!!!! DDR3 COMPATIBLE!!! --
I guess I will have to wait untill March 11, 2008 for the NVIDIA 790i Motherboard to come out. ( I WILL be putting TWO NVIDIA GTX OC SLI graphcis cards in this rig )

FUTURE SYSTEM SPECS:

MOTHERBOARD:

Nvidia 790i SLI (DDR3) Motherboard (Coming March 11, 2008)

CPU:

Intel® Core™2 Duo Desktop Processor E6750

Processor Specifications:

sSpec Number: SLA9V
CPU Speed: 2.66 GHz
PCG: 06
Bus Speed: 1333 MHz
Bus/Core Ratio: 8
L2 Cache Size: 4 MB
L2 Cache Speed: 2.66 GHz
Package Type: LGA775
Manufacturing Technology: 65 nm
Core Stepping: G0
CPUID String: 06FBh
Thermal Design Power: 65W
Thermal Specification: 72°C
VID Voltage Range: 0.85V – 1.5V

URL for this CPU: Click Here

GRAPHICS CARDS:

NVIDIA 8800 GTX OC SLI X2 (Two of these cards via SLI)

COMPUTER TOWER/CASE:

NVIDIA Edition Cooler Master Stacker 830 Computer Case

URL for this case is: Click Here

RAM:

Patriot Extreme Performance Viper Series DDR3 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3-10666 Low Latency DIMM Kit

I know as of this time DDR3 RAM isn't that advanced, that is why I want to be able to have a Motherboard that will be able to run DDR3 RAM in the future so I will not have to upgrade again for quite some time.

NETWORK CARD: - Debatable

The Killerâ„¢ Gaming Network Card Model M1 - Debatable

URL for this card is: Click Here

SOUND CARD:

Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series

WINDOWS VERSION:

Microsoft Windows Vista

OTHER QUESTIONS:

What power supply would I need for this system? (Remember, I will be running TWO Nvidia 8800 GTX OC SLI Graphics cards)

Welcome To Tech Forums!!!

really you would be better off with some crucial ballistix ram.

also you don't need the killer network card. it is mostly a scam. for a psu you could go with a corsair 620hx or a 750tx. also i'm sure Ste will come in and post to look in his sig about psu guides.

If you're gonna wait until the 790i boards come out, then get either a q6600 or a 45nm quad when they come out.

why gtx sli? you could probably spend about the same amount of money and get a 9800 gx2 and it would be far better in terms of performance.

my contact info is in my profile. just drop me a pm if you can't find something or want to contact me :D

DDR3 is not worth it, your way better off spending the money on a q6600 instead of that e6750

don't get the KNIC
and just wait and get a 9800gtx 2
and since you won't be needing SLI unless your playing on uber high resolution you could probably get a high quality x38
Newegg.com - ABIT IX38 Quad GT LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

also that is a very very high end sound card, and unless you have really expensive speakers your not going to see the difference between that and an x-fi prelude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom