Water cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys i already said im not getting water any more im just gonna stick with an ultra 120 extreme. How much is good phase cooling anyway? I don't think ncix even has that anyway.

oh dang... I hate forums that have those b/s/t implementations... doesn't really help validity too much since people can always spam... but I guess it does help, anyways...

I heard phase cooling units make a horse load of noise, is that true? (after this, i'll leave the thread lol)

if i wanted something to cool my cpu, chipset, and gpu im looking at 400+ (which im only spending 150). You have to change the water ever 3-4 months. The risk of installing it and damaging components. but the #1 reason is im not gona do Serious ocing so its not really worth it even if i only spent 150.

Havnet changed mine for 8 months now..

i find no problem. It just loops around and around.. Good to change it still depending on your system and what liquid cooling kit you have.

Depends, they can be built to be silent or for supreme cooling power!!!!

Some of them are loud. Louder usually = better.

Well, the changing pahse can produce temperatures reaching around −30 degrees Celsius. The gas flows down to the compressor and the cycle begins over again.i This way, the processor can be cooled to temperatures ranging from −15 to −100!! degrees Celsius, depending on the load, type and speed of the processor and the refrigeration system.
and please note that this type of system suffers from a number of issues but mainly one must be concerned with dewpoint and proper insulation of all sub-ambient surfaces must be done otherwise the pipes will sweat dripping water on sensitive electronics. Which isn't good! lol

Their are many different ways of cooling your computer. Some i can think of.

Passive heat sink cooling
Active heat sink cooling

Peltier cooling or thermoelectric cooling
Water cooling
Heat pipe
Phase-change cooling (the one we are talking about)
liquid nitrogen
Soft cooling

There are many ways.

^ way to double post first of all.

Secondly, I'm pretty confused as to what Soft Cooling is...

And finally you cant cool a cpu with just heatpipes... you need something to dissipate the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom