Xp pro bad install

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOcLuE98

Biohazardous
I have installed xp pro, and after the install is done, and the set up finishes, I cant get past the load screen. The load screen rolls by, and then my screen is black until my monitor goes to sleep. I checked the boot order, I took out the xp disk, I put the xp disk back in, and tried to boot after all that, and I have no idea what to do now.

I re-installed, and still did the same thing. Any ideas?

and one thing that just happened, after a while of sitting on a black screen, it rebooted. But then went to the same thing. Dont think that changes anything, but still

if this is not the very first install on a newly built computer, was everything in working order before you installed XP Pro? Sounds like a hardware problem, like if it's a new build, and you have onboard and video card conflicts.

well everything was in working order. and i have had this build a while. I have reinstalled quite a few times on this pc

like what could it be? I mean... graphics messed up? Should I try to install vista again?

do you have another gfx card handy. or another comptuer with a pcie slot handy? or does your comptuer ahve onboard gfx?

I dont have onboard. I got a maximus formula. I am gonna put in an old pci-e card. and see if that works

that i guess would be the only way to tell if its a gfx issue. and ah, glossed over the maximus in your siggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom