Making threads as [Solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewc1307

Formerly known as BuggyVeyron
Do you guys think it would be beneficial if members who have had problems solved be able to mark their post as [Solved], like this:

Original post:
XP: PC Will not boot

Would become:

[Solved]XP: PC Will not boot

I believe this would stop people trawling through a post only to find that, at the end the problem has now been resolved.

There may also be other benefits but they escape me at 01:28!

Not a bad idea. And then us mods can close it, when we see that [Solved]. Then again, some other people that might have the same problem, might want to go in, and put their input.

You can PM a mod of the forum, a superMod, or an Admin, and they can edit the title.

We recently began doing something similar in the Threads Requiring Attention forum in the mods' area so we would know when a reported thread has been seen to.

You can PM a mod of the forum, a superMod, or an Admin, and they can edit the title.

Would you really want to be PM'd everytime? - I understand that everyone won't do this, just thought users might be given the option to edit the Subject themselves...

Plus i think the threads should be left open, as b1g says, so other input could be added but would help users track down relevant problems to theirs and hpoefully follow the thread for a possible solution.

:) - Thanks for reading!

I have no problem with it, and I doubt any mod would, either. Just make sure you PM an active mod... they are the ones posting and such. :D

Two out of two! - Nice to make you feel wanted b1g!

Thanks two you both so now i'll leave it to you to make it happen...:)

if you marked it as solved, us who are looking to help people at certain times of the day, which i have noticed really comes around at 7:20 EST, then they don't have to waste their precious help time reading through threads to find out that the person has already fixed their problem. And it gives them something to look back to if they feel like it. B1g, check your pms to if you havent already :D

People might actually do it if they had the option to. Nobody ever will if they have to PM a mod, though.

I am willing to edit the titles as such. But I can only do it for the areas i have Mod Permission in. ;)

So if someone PM's a Mod make sure they look at the Forum Leaders for that area so they can PM a appropiate Mod. I am sure Trotter and b1g have enough work that getting a PM when myself or someone else can handle that 1 area. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom