Windows XP Can't Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well all there is is a wallpaper that says BartPE and in the lower left corner there is the 'go' button which is equivalent to the 'start' button on Windows I guess. There doesn't appear to be much to do other then shut down. Let me go see what else is under it.

Just off the top of my head there is run, programs which under it includes system tools which has some basic programs like word pad, paint, and calculator, screen resolution, mouse, keyboard options, etc. Basically all real basic stuff, doesn't seem to be much I can do with this but I guess it is useful for ruling out that it's a hardware issue?

I restarted and tried to boot from the hard drive again and still the same issues with the computer restarting as I get to the login screen.

A little update... I went ahead and unplugged/replugged my video card, my fan, my hard drive, pretty much I've done everything possible so far and to no avail. This is really starting to stress me out and I really hope I don't have to buy a new OS as I was just about to buy a new video card and this would only set me back.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Use a prgram called Magic Jelly Bean. Should give you your current serial that is being used. The legit one. Write that down.

Now get yourself a copy of XP Pro. Can be from a friend or from a torrent or anything. As long as you have your legit serial it doesnt matter where you get the media from. The serial is what counts.

After you have both of them you can either do a repair install or format and fresh install.

How am I supposed to run Magic Jelly Bean though? I can't even login to Windows at this point.

Get the Windows disc first. Try a repair install. It should allow into Windows then to perform the install of Magic Jelly Beans.

Does it matter about my little story with the PC shop? I'm almost positive that they swapped my legal copy for an OEM that they already had on one of their computers. Will I get the WGA notice?

Also, when I repair install will I be able to keep all my files and stuff? And I'm guessing doing a format and fresh install will delete all of my files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom