very werid problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I was taking the side of my case off, which is what I usually do when Im going to game, and when I took it off, my PC turned off. I'm like ok.. thats weird... the side is hooked up to power because it has a fan and light on it. anyways, I boot back up and everything is fine. Here is the weird problem. I move this jumble of wires like 2cm from where they are, my PC gets a lot quiter. If i move it again back near where it was, the PC gets louder. I realized its the fans. But what fan is slowing down when I move these cables a hair? My cpu RPM doesnt seem to be dropping from 2900rpm, ntune shows all of the GPU fan speeds the same. This is a VERY odd problem. Anyone help? If u guys dont understand what i'm saying, Ill make a youtube video.

I wouldn't be too concerned if the performance is not affected but sounds like there's a loose connection/wire somewhere.

YouTube video would be fun! - Get on it! :)

Sometimes a wire slips out of the back of the molex connector on one of my fans. So it slows down or stops. I just push it back in.

It's probably one of the case fans, not the GPU/CPU. Just stick your hand in front of each fan, and move the wires a bit, and see if you sense a decrease in airflow.

found out what cause the PC to shut off. There is this little 2 pin cable that touched my case, sparked and turned off the PC lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom