Windows XP Can't Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
I just recently overclocked my PC above my normal stable OC setting and normally I would be able to at least login to Windows and then it might just freeze up if it got unstable but now for some reason I can get up to the Windows XP loading screen and after it loads up as it looks like it's going to the login screen, the computer just reboots. I've set my BIOS to default settings so it is at stock settings but I still get the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried resetting the CMOS? Sometimes setting the BIOS to load defaults is not enough.

b1g is right. You might also have to clear your CMOS. If that still doesnt work you might need to try Safe Mode or last known good configuration to see if that helps.

Just reset the CMOS and I still have the same issue.

When I get to the screen that asks me if I want to do Safe Mode or last known good configuration, my usb keyboard doesn't work and so I just have to wait till the 30 seconds is up and I guess it goes to the last known good config.

Nope. Everything boots up as normal it justs right after the Windows XP loading screen when it makes the transition to the login screen is where it reboots automatically.

Unfortunately no. And it's a bit of a long story why but I'll condense it.

When I first built up my PC, I had a few issues so I sent it in to a PC shop and gave them all the hardware I had including an OEM Windows XP cd and cd-key. They offered to install it for free and so I said why not. A few months later I got a message that this was a counterfeit copy so that's when I realized that those *******s swapped my legal copy for their illegal one. After hassling with them they only offered to register a Windows XP cd key for me but the only problem is that I can never re-install it on my computer or else it will show up as an illegal copy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom