64-bit amd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunadan1821

Baseband Member
So on the near horizon we have 64-bit processors. My question to you all is exactly how you guys think it will effect us. Is it backwards compatible with 32-bit apps and os'? I would like to build a computer to run some fedora but am not sure if it will even work. Any thoughts on my system as well as 64-bit cpus would be welcome! Thanks in advance, Duna

Yes, it works on all 32-Bit and 64-Bit apps, and OS's. I have it and everything is fine, when 64-Bit is able to be used, they will jump so much in the performance. I have SuSE 9.1 which supports 64-Bit CPU's :D

hey thats good news! Do you know offhand if fedora is compatible with it? is yours the only asus board they have for the 740(?i think) socket? what does it have on it...I would just check but the site is down:(

anandtech had a review of windows 64 bit trial the benchmarks were shockingly bad it ran better in 32 bit that 64 :(

have to wait until the 64bit window come out only we know whether got improvement or not.

hey didi...... i knew u where frm asia d way u talked...... (got) which part of m'sia r u frm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom