CPU Ratio/change

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfinchie

Baseband Member
I just bought a new Biostar P4M900-M4 motherboard for Intel Celeron processor. I also had to buy a new stick of RAM to fit in the new motherboard. When I go to boot it up I get this message: " Warning! CPU has been changed or CPU Ratio changed fail. Please re-enter CPU settings in the CMOS set up and remember to save before quit. " The thing is that I cannot do anything at this point, it almost seems as if the keyboard doesn't work and I cannot enter the CMOS set up. Its a ps2 keyboard I was going to try to see if a USB keyboard would do the trick I just don't have any in my office. Does anyone have any ideas of whats going on?

are you sure you can't get into bios? the current kb is defunct?
you know the appro key for your system to get into bios?

if anything, you may also be able to fix your problem by doing a "dumb" reset...that is just to take your mobo cmos battery out...WITH SYSTEM OFF...of course. Cut the power switch on the back of the case as well.

leave it there for 15 minutes...and hope your system doesn't also require a jumper switch...then power on....see what your system says...power off...put battery back in....

go from there

My new biostar mobo threw a complete fit with my G.skill memory, after rebooting a couple of times and getting to the bios finally, I set everything up as it should be. My problem was that my G.skill is faster than what my mobo allows, so I had to decrease the operating frequency. Then after that, it was all good.

Try moving the memory to another slot, or if you have more than one stick, you may only be able to get into the bios with one stick to start out with.

Del is the key to get into the BIOS, I've also tired 3 different keyboards. I did try to do a dumb reset I only left it out for 15 seconds. I'll try to leave it out for 15 mins. And I will also try the other RAM slot. Thanks for the advice I'll post my results.

Ok I tired the CMOS reset again and it didn't work but I gave me another error in addition to the first error. " CMOS Checksum error - Defaults loaded" I also tired a different slot of the RAM. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom