starting to build first computer need seggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
intel e2180
gigabyte p35-ds3l
corsair xms2 ddr2 (i have some for sale cheap ;) )
nvidia 9600GT
western digital or seagate 250gb or 500gb Hdd

That should come in under 600 bucks. Ste will probably have something to say about your choice of power supply though. Might want to check out the corsair VX 450 or 550 for a good low cost psu.

Reread my post.

e2160 is great bang for your buck
if you want to go amd the 5600+ are around 130 and beat the e4600 at stock settings

SeaGate is a very good brand as well, so I don't see a problem with his choice. Besides the fact that it only has a 16mb cache, instead of the newer 32mb cache ones, that is.

Also, you don't really need 4GB, unless you do a lot of encoding/RAM intensive apps; even then, if you're doing a lot of encoding, you should go with a quad-core rather than the e6750, since its a dual-core. And, are you going with a 32bit or 64bit OS? Because if you're going 32bit, then you're only gonna be able to recognize 3-3.5GB of RAM; only 64bit recognized 4GB or more.

If you're interested i have that exact video card for sale. Was asking 200 shipped, and i'll even make you a deal on the card and a set of good DDR2 800 memory :)

Card is brand new btw, still in the box.

well what should we do about cooling? when you buy a new CPU does it come with a heat sync and heat glue? or are you kinda on your own, also do you need to buy fans or do most new cases come with the proper amount and size of fans, i know wire management is a big deal, but how should i set up the fans? big fan pushes cold air in little fans suck hot air out?

im working with nastsystems im just asking some questions in loue of his absence

well what should we do about cooling? when you buy a new CPU does it come with a heat sync and heat glue? or are you kinda on your own, also do you need to buy fans or do most new cases come with the proper amount and size of fans, i know wire management is a big deal, but how should i set up the fans? big fan pushes cold air in little fans suck hot air out?

im working with nastsystems im just asking some questions in loue of his absence

the cpu comes with a heat sink i already checked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom