Office outlook 03 will not play wav notification, beeps CPU instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

treelinegolfer

Beta member
Windows will not play a .wav notification. The computer itself beeps (not through the speakers). When I go to { control panel - sounds - new mail notification } I can preview the .wav file just fine. When I get new mail, the computer beeps. Any assistance will be grandly appreciated.

office 2003 pro
windows xp pro
Pentium 4 CPU 3.0 Ghz
512 mb ram

Sounds as if your sound drivers are not installed.

But his wav file will preview. Have you tried to go into control panel and sounds when the box opens select sounds and in the top drop down box under sound scheme select windows default settings.

True. If he can preview it and it plays then it has to be something within the specific applicaiton being used.

OK. I truly appreciate the help. I tried reverting back to the windows default sound scheme but it didn't make a difference. As a side note, I don't have any windows sounds being played (i.e. startup, shutdown, ding, etc) but everything else is fine. I can play all manner of media without a hassle. My son says that he gets a startup sound occasionally on his account or when there are more than one user logged into windows. His account is not an admin account, mine is the only admin. Hope this helps. Thanks again

Thanks for hosting those files. I loaded them into my media folder to no avail. Still just a beep inside the tower. Thanks for the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom