*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

I don't know how you guys are running 3DM in Vista. I get directx dll's missing and all sorts of errors when it tries to run. I just assumed that it was because of DX10, but maybe I'm wrong.

i use 1920 x 1200 and i get the same FPS with my new GTS that i did with my old 1680 x 1050 and my old 8800gt.

i dont think the GT would give me quite the FPS on this 24" that i am getting with the GTS.

One of the main reasons i went from my GT setup to the GTS setup is because of the 24" resolution.

Yeah I voltmodded it...was pretty hard to do! The contact patches are soOOooo small. And nope I didn't touch the memory as from what I've seen there aren't very many gains to be had at all...even saw one guy who was able to clock his memory higher on less voltage! :confused:

And yeah there's no doubt it's an awesome card, especially because the price is insane now! It's just that I will be sticking with intel chipsets so in the future I will either get another 3850/3870 or go with 4850 crossfire.

Also, I seem to have moved from Nvidia to ATI purely because they are soooo easy to voltmod. The x1900 series could do it via software, the 38xx series can do it up to 1.33v in the bios....and as much as you want with a simple pencil.

The 8800 volt mods are scary. I fried my card the first time and the second time it was just very tricky. I need to get a finer soldering tip I think if I ever do it again.

isnt the gt and gts both 512mb though?
why shud it benefit any more then? mor stream processors?

it has more shaders, it will overclock farther, it has a MUCH better cooler (and it runs waaaaaaaaaaay cooler than an 8800gt). it isnt that big of a performance jump at all, but every little bit counts i suppose.
i got mine simply because i wanted to try using step-up and figured it doesn't hurt to have the next best card from the one i currently had (8800gt).

it's much quieter, too.

it has more shaders, it will overclock farther, it has a MUCH better cooler (and it runs waaaaaaaaaaay cooler than an 8800gt). it isnt that big of a performance jump at all, but every little bit counts i suppose.
i got mine simply because i wanted to try using step-up and figured it doesn't hurt to have the next best card from the one i currently had (8800gt).

it's much quieter, too.

well the main reason i got the gts cos it runs cooler and its way more quiet! and cos of the step up.
mine ends on march 23rd, so im waiting for the release and some benchmarks to make my decision.

Added. And for future reference, almightyobo, Nvidia card are suppose to be in sea green color, and not red. And AMD processors are suppose to be red, not blue. There were instructions in the first post, about what colors to use. You also need to state your OS.

So it should look like this:

11,259 | almightyobo | [*COLOR=Red]X2 5600+ @ 3.0GHz[/color] | [*COLOR=SeaGreen]8800GTS 512 @ 678/972[/color] | XP Pro 32bit | ORB

Back
Top Bottom