bottleneck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow do i suck. i can't get past 2.5 right now with stock voltage. i've upped the voltage and tried to go higher but i'm still unstable and crash a lot. any idea what i should do here? it's a manchester and costed a fortune when it came out two years ago.

you probably wont notice too much (if any) of a difference above about 2.7
you wont be bottlenecking an 8800gt running it around that speed, or a little above. not enough to notice anyway....not like you had it running with a pIII or something lol.
the X2's performance levels out if they are overclocked to around 3ghz, typically.
they will show higher benchmark numbers occasionally, but it seems to me that mine have always perfromed best OVERALL clocked between 2.9 and 3.3

meaning you can clock it higher (maybe), but usually temps from the high voltage needed cancel out any improvement of running it faster than that. unless you have the chip that wildside and i have...:) with it, voltage usually isnt an issue.

EDIT: just saw the abpve post. whats your ram set at? also, i wouldn't expect to get too far with stock voltage.
my old 4200 windsor was cookin and it would barely run over 2.9

ram is at default 3-3-3-8.

do i need to mess around with the ram to get stable?

as for the cooling, i just recently added an arctic 64 which has cooled not just my cpu but has increased airflow all throughout the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom